Published in Sunday Observer on November 19, 2017
Deadline for submission of Expressions of Interest 15:00 hrs on December 05, 2017
The official event of computer hardware distribution for 48 hospitals under Digital Health Project was held at Family Health Bureau on 30th of October 2017, with the participation of Hon (Dr.) Rajitha Senarathne, Minister of Health, Nutrition and Indigenous Medicine. Laptop computers were handed over to Heads of the hospitals by the Minister of Health to symbolize the computer hardware distribution for implementing electronic medical records in the selected hospitals. Following officials were participated to the event,
· Hon. (Dr.) Rajitha Senarathne, Minister of Health, Nutrition and Indigenous Medicine.
· Mr. Wasantha Deshapriya, Secretary, Ministry of Telecommunication and Digital Infrastructure.
· Dr. J.M.W. Jayasundara Bandara, Director General of Health Services.
· Dr. Dr. S. Sridharan, Deputy Director General of Health Services (Planning), Ministry of Health
· Dr. Anil Jasinghe, Deputy Director General of Health Services, National Hospital of Sri Lanka
· Dr. A. I. Jagoda, Director (Health Information), Ministry of Health
· Directors and Representatives of the Selected Hospitals
Hon. Minister Rajitha Senarathne expressed his pleasure on implementing Hospital Health Information Management System (HHIMS) in the government hospitals. He shared his experiences during the visits of few hospitals where the digital health project has been initiated. He emphasized how he witnessed patients in the rural areas has adapted to the new technology that was introduced through this project. According to the Minister, it is identified as a drastic improvement happened, not only in the health sector but also in the quality of the life of the whole nation as a result of introducing digitalization.
Dr. J.M.W. Jayasundara Bandara, Director General Health Services explained in detailed about the advantages of digitalization and moreover, he emphasized that Sri Lanka is having more capabilities to be digitalized when compared to the other South Asian countries.
Mr. Wasantha Deshapriya, Secretary of the Ministry of Telecommunication and Digital Infrastructure, expressed his special gratitude for the tremendous work, being done by Ministry of Health and ICTA in implementing the HHIMS in selected hospitals. Furthermore, he stated that the Ministry of Telecommunication and Digital Infrastructure will continuously support to this project which has a national importance.