Request for Expression of Interest
Technical Writer for ICTA
The Information and Communication Technology Agency of Sri Lanka (ICTA) which is the implementing agency of the e-Sri Lanka Development Project wishes to obtain the services of a Technical Writer (individual) for documentation of the overall technology strategy, the Technology Road Map and important technology components of a strategically important initiative enabling citizen centric government service delivery and accordingly, has decided to invite expression of interest from qualified and eligible experts in this area of work.
The selected consultant is required to complete the scope of the services outlined in the Terms of Reference – Annex A
Duration of the assignment shall be: Three (03) months
Consultant should have the following qualifications and experience.
· Good background in to Computer Sciences and Engineering literature.
· Minimum four (04+) years experience of working as Content/Technical Writer.
· Experience in technology documentation, user help manuals, training materials, etc. (Required to provide sample work)
· Strong technical writing background specialy at enterprise level and understand concepts in business software strategy development.
· Excellent understanding of English grammar and be able to present concepts clearly andconcisely.
· Proficient in LibreOffice/OpenOffice suite and have unique business writing styles and use of different business templates.
· Preference will be given to individual with formal education background in the domain.
· Preference will be given to qualified professionals with work experience from top ranked software development & product companies.
· Prior Software Development experience is preferred.
If you are interested in the consultancy assignment, please response to this request by submitting the following information in English;
(2) Cover letter highlighting relevant experience, expertise etc in the respective Areas
(3) Expected consultancy fee (Lump sum)
Please email your Expressions of Interest including all requested information to
on or before November 06, 2012. Please indicate “Expression of Interest for Technical Writer” in subject line of e-mail.
Chief Executive Officer
Information and Communication Technology Agency of Sri Lanka
160/24, Kirimandala Mawatha, Colombo 05.
October 26, 2012