This programme focuses on developing the conducive and necessary environment to achieve the objectives of ‘e-Sri Lanka’. Its goal is to create a pro-active policy and a regulatory environment that is supportive of ICT reform and ICT-based development, to develop the ICT leadership and capacity, and to communicate these initiatives and policies to the wider stakeholder audience.
ICTA as a Centre of Excellence and a source of Global Knowledge, driving the successful implementation of a nation-wide ICT-for-development initiative.
- Facilitate the formulation and adoption of a National ICT Policy, ICT Action Plan and necessary Legal Framework in collaboration with the Administrative Reforms Committee and relevant stakeholder groups.
- Provide focus and leadership in ICT for development, including building ‘e-leadership’ skills among top government officials, business and civil society leaders.
- Establish ICTA as a project management ‘centre of excellence’, through timely and cost effective implementation of projects and build external capacity in project management skills.
- Monitor and evaluate progress to ensure a focus on development results, through obtaining feedback and lessons learned, to inform decision making and continually adjust strategies.
- Create a ‘knowledge culture’ at ICTA; utilize global knowledge and best practice in ICT for development as well as share lessons and experiences from ‘e-Sri Lanka’ with partners and stakeholders
- Build awareness of e-Sri Lanka and ICTA and of the benefits of ICT through an effective communications strategy.