The project will be implemented in 4 phases in year 2016;
Q1 2016: 100 Organizations will be connected
Q2 2016: 100 Organizations will be connected
Q3 2016: 360 Organizations will be connected
Q4 2016: 300 Organizations will be connected
by end of 2016, 860 organizations will be provided LGN 2.0 facilities.
- Establish government network with 100Mbps last mile connectivity to each government organization.
- Establish wireless networks at each government location
- Enable access to unlimited Hi-Speed secure Internet facility for government organizations (up to 10Gbps)
- Enable access to Lanka Government Cloud (LGC) services from any government organization
- Enabling of integration with existing networks in GoSL with LGN in a secure manner
- Offer better and cost effective communication platform to use with cloud based email facility, G2G IP based voice facility and video communication facility
- To provide trusted and secure connectivity to other government organizations to exchange government data.
Achieve the connected government concept by connecting every government organization to a single data backbone to make public services citizen centric and perform cross organizational functionalities electronically. Ensure the accessibility to the LGN network from anywhere in the country via Wi-Fi technology.
- Provide reliable and secure infrastructure facilities for the Lanka Gate and its components.
- Provide reliable, secure, cost-effective and flexible infrastructure facilities for e-Government applications.
- Facilitate the government to adopt cloud technologies and thereby increase the success rate of e-Government applications.