Lanka Government Network Postal Office Connect (LGN P-Connect)
To build highly available, secure and reliable government network to link all post offices to a single digital infrastructure.
The project will be implemented in 200 post offices in year 2016;
- Establish government network with 100Mbps last mile connectivity to each post office.
- Establish wireless networks at each post office
- Enable access to unlimited Hi-Speed secure Internet facility for postal offices (up to 10Gbps)
- Enable access to Lanka Government Cloud (LGC) services from any post office
- Offer better and cost effective communication platform to use with cloud based email facility, G2G IP based voice facility and video communication facility to entire postal network
- To provide trusted and secure connectivity to other government organizations to exchange government data.
Achieve the connected government concept by connecting every government organization to a single data backbone to make public services citizen centric and perform cross organizational functionalities electronically. Ensure the accessibility to the LGN network from anywhere in the country via Wi-Fi technology.