P-Connect fiber network and Wi-Fi facility for Post offices
This project intends to build a secure and reliable government network to link all post offices to a single digital infrastructure to facilitate the use of post offices as locations from which citizens can connect to and consume services from the government.
Aims of the project include connecting every government organization to a single data backbone to make public services citizen centric and perform cross organizational functionalities electronically, while ensuring accessibility to the LGN network from anywhere in the country via Wi-Fi technology.
• establish government network with 100Mbps last mile connectivity to each post office
• establish wireless networks at each post office
• enable access to unlimited Hi-Speed secure internet facility for postal offices (up to 10 Gbps)
• enable access to Lanka Government Cloud (LGC) services from any post office
• offer better and cost effective communication platform to use with cloud based email facility
• G2G IP based voice facility and video communication facility to entire postal network
• provide trusted and secure connectivity to other government organizations to exchange government data