Postal Service Digital Commerce Initiative
The Department of Post (DOP) has the capacity to reach any intended citizen group in Sri Lanka allowing it to be a useful organization in the government’s attempt to implement a vision of a digital society in the country. A software solution shall be developed enabling citizens to consume government services via post offices and 100 postmen using hand held devices.
• upgrade related systems at DOP
• ensure availability of cross-government on-line services which can be offered through postal network
• have secured digital delivery to reach all levels of citizens, higher efficiency and productivity in the government and a highly satisfied business community
• improve living standards resulting in satisfied citizens
• eliminate misuse of government funds and reduce malpractices in electronic data transactions