Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
We have been receiving an overwhelming response about the smart vaccine certificate. We hope you will find this document useful with regard to any inquiries you may have. 1. What is a Smart Vaccination Certificate?
It is a digital certificate issued to those who have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19. The Smart Vaccine Certificate is currently issued to those who wish to travel overseas. The certificate is issued in a PDF document that is generated by the link provided by the Smart Vaccination Certificate portal.
2. How can I access the Smart Vaccine portal?
3. What are the steps to request for a Smart Vaccination Certificate?
a. Provide your personal details (Full Name, Permanent Address, District of Residence, NIC Number, Mobile Number, Email Address)
b. Provide your travel details (Date of Departure, Photos of Passport, Photos of NIC, Proof of travelling)
c. Provide vaccination details (Photos of Vaccination Card)
d. Select the Submit button
e. Your reference number will be displayed on the screen
f. You will also get an email with your reference number
g. After a Health Care Officer approves your details, you will receive another email with a link to download your Smart Vaccination Certificate (Please Note: this may take 3-5 days)
h. You can show the Smart Vaccination Certificate from your portable device or you can print it and take when travelling
4. How can I check the progress of my certificate?
- Select the “Check the Progress” button on the top right of the portal.
- Enter the Reference Number and the NIC Number.
- Once you select the ‘Submit’ button you will be able to see the progress.
5. How can I check if my request was approved or rejected?
You can view the progress through the ‘Check the Progress’ tab on the portal.
6. I have the Vaccination Certificate issued by the MOH Office. Should I apply for the Smart Vaccine Certificate as well?
No. Having either the Vaccination Certificate issued by the MOH Office or the Smart Vaccine Certificate is enough.
7. From where should we collect the hard copy of the certificate?
- The Vaccination Certificate can be collected in two ways:
- Obtain the printed certificate from your nearest MOH Office.
- Obtain the PDF format of the certificate by the SVC portal. For that, you need to wait till you receive the approval from a Health Care Officer. Once the approval is granted you will get an email with the link to download the certificate.
7. To whom should we call to ask details about how to get a hard copy of the Vaccination Certificate?
Nearest MOH Office in your area.
8. To whom should we call about the queries on Smart Vaccination Certificate?
Contact the hotline via whatsapp 0701731259 / 0701731260
9. What documents do we need to get the vaccine certificate?
NIC, Passport, Travelling Documents, and Vaccination Card
10. Can a foreigner who is travelling/visiting/staying temporarily in Sri Lanka and received the vaccine in Sri Lanka, get the Smart Vaccination Certificate?
Yes, they have to provide their identification and travelling details.
11. Can anybody get a vaccine certificate even though they are not flying in the near future?
For now, this service is only applicable for the people who are travelling overseas in near future.
12. Does the ICTA office print the vaccine certificate?
13. The QR code is not working in the hard copy/ print out. What can I do?
Use the soft copy/ PDF format.
14. The QR code in the soft copy/ PDF is not working. What can I do?
Contact the hotline 0701731259 / 0701731260
15. I only have taken 1 dose. Can I get the vaccine certificate?
If the vaccine only requires one dose i.e. Johnson & Johnson vaccine, then the request for Smart Vaccination Certificate will be approved given that the other details are correct.
16. What is the reference number and where can I find it?
- It is a system generated reference number you get upon successful submission of details. You are required to save the reference number to check the status of your submission in the future using the portal.
- The reference number is indicated in the confirmation message you get once you submit the form.
- It is also included in the email that you would receive once you submit the form
17. Can we use passport numbers in place of NIC?
18. Can the new NIC number format be used?
19. I did not receive a reference number.
Please contact the helpline 0701731259
20. I want to urgently receive the Vaccination Certificate and portal is not working.
Please visit the MOH Office in your area and you will be able to obtain your Vaccination Certificate within the day.
21. I do not have an ID. How can I obtain the certificate?
ID is mandatory for the system
22. I tried obtaining the certificate online but failed. I did not receive a system generated reference number. How do I check if my submissions have been received correctly?
If you do not see the reference number on screen or have not received an email with the reference number, then you have to redo the request process again.
23. I obtained the vaccine in Sri Lanka and have now come overseas. Can I still apply for the certificate while abroad?
Yes, you can
24. I got an “Error” after submitting.
- This is because the file size you have uploaded is larger than 3MB.
- Compress the file( less than 1 mb) or reduce the resolution of the picture and redo the process
25. How long will it take for me to get the Smart Vaccination Certificate?
26. I have received a system generated reference number. But I’m unable to check the progress. I receive an error saying ‘reference number doesn't match the NIC”. What do I do?
- Make sure to type “SVC000xxx” as your reference number
- Verify your NIC Number
27. I am trying to travel to Kuwait. I received the vaccine certificate. The embassy requires me to upload the documents via a special portal. When I compress documents and upload to this portal the QR code of the vaccine certificate directs to an incorrect page.
This was since due to the maximum file size allowed for uploads. We have now rectified this and further reduce the file size of the vaccine certificate.
Corporate Communciations Department
Information and Communciations Technology Agency Sri Lanka
490, R A De Mel Mawatha,
e-mail email@example.com for any inquiries